Is your restaurant child friendly? No there is no need to roll out a giant sized animal mascot, or create a fun corner smothered in brightly colored Legos. You can make your restaurant child friendly without changing the ambiance with these 5 tips!
- Menu- No you don’t have to add chicken nuggets, and fish sticks to your sushi or sophisticated steakhouse menu. What you can do is merely offer simpler versions of your menu options. This can be the same ingredients of items you have minus the abundance of flavorful components. Also offering half portions is a great way to allow young kids to eat without adding new foods to the menu.
- Glassware- Young children probably don’t have an appreciation for fine glassware, and stemless goblets. In this case we suggest that you offer plastic ware glasses and larger plates that aren’t so delicate. An investment in fun plastic or safe glassware can save your business money later.
- Time- As adults we can wait as our favorite rib eye is broiled to perfection. However children aren’t as patient. When children hear dinner, guess what they want is dinner now. Tables with children should have their food slightly expedited to have unhappy children in your restaurant.
- Activities- Also in efforts to distract a hungry child, restaurants can provide activities for children. These activities do not have to over crowd the restaurant. It could be something as simple as a colorful paper menu with 2 crayons. Children have vibrant imaginations and they love the simplest things. There is no need to spend a bunch on this however it is crucial to the dining experience.
- Lastly the most important is a kid friendly staff. Nothing is worse than bringing your kids to a restaurant where the staff is unfriendly. Not only will the children never return, but either will the parents. Create an environment where the servers are patient and understanding. The server doesn’t have to be Super Nanny however they must maintain a great upbeatness to the parents and children dining.
Follow these rules to keep your customers coming in and coming back, with their families!